Posts from — March 2012
1. He loves Skittles and Pringles.
2. He is afraid of deep water.
3. His choice of Playstation game at the moment: Call of Duty.
Find out more here>>
- Usain partners with Visa for Olympic television ad
- Don Anderson lauds discipline of Olympians
- The Bolt Effect: How chasing Usain Bolt made the world run faster
- Olympics team haven;t been getting Govt funding JOA reveals
- Limited Grandstand tickets for Champs
- TVJ goes global with London 2012: Pure Gold Experience
- Is VCB the Queen?
- Semenya set for first 800m race of Olympic year
- Diamond League status being chased for JN Ja Invitational
- Electrolytes and athletes
March 23, 2012 No Comments
Upwards of a dozen male athletes from one major St Catherine school have been ruled ineligible for next week’s 102nd staging of the ISSA Grace Kennedy National High Schools Championships. Read more>>
Source: Jamaica Observer
- Champs to start next week Tuesday
- Jamaica Olympic Association ahead in preparations for London 2012
- Don Anderson: False-start rule a tough call
- Jamaica lacking quarter milers?
- Huffington Post Q & A: Allyson Felix
- Sanya Richards-Ross and her husband have lots to smile about
- Bolt taking over the UK
- Food for the Jamaican team at London 2012: No problem
- London’s internet infrastructure likely to be stained during Olympic Games
March 22, 2012 No Comments
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT !!!
- JAA A president tickled by VCB’s golden strike
- Michelle Obama to lead US Olympics delegation to London
- Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce craves Olympic Games gift for ‘Jamaica 50′
- Shelly-ann signs on with Grace again!
- Jillisa Grant aims for Olympic spot
- Special Olympics Jamaica’s HOD For South Korea Meeting
March 14, 2012 No Comments
So the World Indoor Championships 2012 in Istanbul came and went!
Team Jamaica returned home, after a number of events, with all of two medals – VCB’s gold and Nesta Carter’s silver medal in the 60m events for women and men respectively.
The United States walked away of 18 medals.
As much as we are appreciative of Nesta’s hard work, and the hard work of his teammates who ran in the heats, we cannot help but wonder if Asafa would have been able to take home the gold for Jamaica. He is, after all, one of the best starters in the game; an important part of a race as fast as a 60m sprint.
London 2012 is only a few months away, and apparently, Jamaica will be in for a rude awakening. Justin Gatlin is now declaring that he is the only one on the U.S. team with the stride pattern to match Bolt .
If we do not get our priorities in order and make calculated, strategic decisions about how we compete in this high stakes competition, we might not get the 50th birthday presents we have been speaking about for the last four years.
If we are to equalize or surpass our 11 medals in Beijing in 2008, we cannot go into the competition expecting it to be business as usual.
World Indoor Championship 2012 Medal Table
- Veronica wins World Indoors 60m
- Jamaican flag missing in Istanbul
- Nesta Carter cops silver at World Indoor Championship
- Carter: ‘I had to do it for Jamaica’
- Skeen excels at GC Foster Classics
- Andrew Riley wins 60m silver at NCAA meet
- Juliet Cuthbert givers her account of her near death experience
March 12, 2012 No Comments
Chairman of the London Organising Committee for the 2012 Olympic Games, Sebastian Coe, believes that the emergence of Yohan Blake and the return of American Tyson Gay could push double Olympic champion Usain Bolt to another world record, possibly in the 9.4 region, in London later this year. Read more>>
- 400m? Yohan Blake?
- Why you will not see Saudi women at the Olympics
- Racers Track Club hosts Boys’ Home
March 2, 2012 No Comments
Former World 100m Champion and 2 time World Indoor 60m Silver medallist Kim Collins are among athletes who were snubbed in the selection of the team to represent St.Kitts-Nevis at the IAAF World Indoor Championships to be held in Instanbul , Turkey.
The stunning development was announced on Friday when the SKNAAA announced a 3 member team for the event. The persons selected are athletes Tiandra Ponteen and Brijesh Lawrence along with team coach Stewart Joseph. Read more>>
- Carl Lewis: Usain will need luck to win four golds
- Robles leads Cuban team to World Indoors
- Yohan Blake for NY Grand Prix
- T&T World Champs athlete tested positive at National Champs
March 1, 2012 No Comments