London 2012 ticket scam: 54 countries implicated
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) had to call an emergency meeting Saturday of the executive board to discuss allegations brought to light by the London daily newspaper The Sunday Times that officials linked to 54 countries had sold tickets illegally on the black market.
According to the IOC website there are 204 national Olympic committees (NOCs) in the world so this amounts to over a fourth of them. Ticket scalping has long been an issue for precious Games’ tickets but a breach of this proportion is something new. Read more>>
- Has Bolt gone off the rails?
- Good going Julian Forte
- George Kerr – a gentleman and athlete
- Gender testing for athletes remains a tough call
- Gay ready for Olympic trials
- Gatlin ready to complete his comeback
- Yohan Black happy to bide his time
- What makes a good coach?