The Atlantic Black Star published this article titled “6 Changes Jamaica Can Make Toward Gaining Economic Empowerment“. The writer provides real country examples for each of the six points. Could this be a Blueprint To Save Jamaica’s Reeling Economy? Below are the points and example countries. For details and statistics see the article at Atlantic Black Star. Do you think these ideas will work and does the Jamaican Government have the will to implement them?
- Enact Business Friendly Regulations That Invest in The Local Economy – Example to Look at: Brazil
- Promote More Cultural Tourism to Capture the Affluent Black Community – Example to Look at: Egypt
- Provide Better Systems/Programs to Promote Growing of Their Own Crops to Lower Dependence Food Imports – Example to Look at: Costa Rica
- Invest More in Education – Example to Look at:Finland
- Build Out Communication Like WiFi/Telecommunications – Example to Look at: Rwanda
- Build Out A Global Logistics Hub – Example to Look at:Dubai, U.A.E.