Being a single mother responsible for generating my own income and doing everything on my own takes its toll on me. Sometimes I wish I had a second. A partner that would brace me up and provide the emotional and financial stability I need as I pursue my dreams, but that is not my reality.
Maybe God is teaching me a lesson. Maybe He wants me to understand and know that I don’t need a man to complete me, and that I can do all things through Him, who strengthens me.
Day by day, I am learning more and more about myself. I have discovered that worrying about my financial situation or anything else for that matter will never change anything. I am happiest when I am able to take my mind off what is wrong, by focusing on all that is right within and around me.
I have so many things to be grateful for…..
- I am grateful for waking up this morning to the pitter-pattering of the rain drops on my window sill. As I opened my eyes, I could see the radiance of the sun peeking through the gray clouds.
- I am grateful that I have eyes to see. It dawned on me that if I didn’t have eyes, I would not be able to capture the beauty of all that is around me with my camera.
- I am grateful for my nice comfy bed that I get to rest in every night. I can turn so many ways and still not fall off 🙂
- I am grateful for the sound of children laughing. It makes me know they are happy . I never laughed much as a child, so hearing children laughs, helps me to make peace with the past I never had.
- I am so grateful for the roof over my head, and the place I call home. I could be homeless.
- I am grateful for my health and a sound mind.
- I am grateful for my good friends, who always step in when I need them the most.
- I am grateful for all my experiences; they have made me a much humbler and more appreciative woman.
- I am grateful for the wealth of information I have around me in the form of books.
- I am grateful for what money I have in the bank.