In what could be his final appearance at an Olympic Games, a relaxed Asafa Powell declares himself ready to give his all, while vowing to prevent men’s 100m gold medal favourite Usain Bolt from repeating the massive victory he achieved in Beijing, China, four years ago.
At a press conference hosted by the Jamaica Olympic Association (JOA) and team kit sponsors Puma in London yesterday, Powell said he was “pumped up” for these Games. “I am not getting any younger and this might be my last one.” Read more on Jamaica Observer.
- Bolt looking to possibly run four events in London
- Partying in Birmingham
- Jamaicans ready to celebrate
- Bolt is ready to go
- Billions spent on ads at Olympics
- Malaysian Olympic shooter 8 months pregnant
- Olympic flag bearers
- Opening ceremony highlights
- Blind man sets first world record at Olympics
- The stars come out for Olympic opening ceremony
- Olympic security staff arrested
- Is Yohan Blake as marketable as Usain Bolt?
- Mark Wignall on Jamaican athletes