For me the most challenging thing is to figure out whats for breakfast. See some ideas below:
Personally as a Jamaican mum with a son that refuses to eat egg I do the following:
Calalloo or corned beef with crushed with green banana. He loves it!!!
Macaroni and cheese with sausage
Left over chicken or any meat at all with irish potato or fried dumpling
Cornmeal Porridge is a fave with bread in it
Below are some other ideas:
Healthy Breakfast Ideas for Kids
- 3/4 cup of Cream of Wheat with 1/2 sliced banana on top. Serve with 1/2 cup of Milk, and two Turkey Sausage Links.
- 1 Whole-Wheat Bagel toasted, topped with 2 teaspoons Peanut Butter. Sprinkle a few Raisins on top. Serve with 1/2 cup Orange Juice and 1/2 cup of no-sugar added Apple Sauce.
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal, topped with Craisins or Raisins. Serve with 1/2 cup Milk and 1 slice Whole-Wheat Toast topped with an All-Fruit Spread.
- 1 Slice Breakfast Pizza, served with 1/2 cup Orange Juice and 1/2 cup fresh Blueberries, Strawberries or sliced Banana
- 1 Bran Muffin, served with 1/2 cup Pineapple Chunks and 1/2 cup Milk.
- Raisin Toast, topped with 1 teaspoon Margarine and sprinkled with Cinnamon. Serve with 1/2 cup Applesauce or Cottage Cheese and 1/2 cup of Milk.
- 1 Hardboiled Egg, served with 1/2 toasted Whole Wheat Bagel, topped with finely shredded Cheddar Cheese. Serve with 1/2 cup Orange Juice.
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese topped with 1 teaspoon Toasted Wheat Germ. Serve with 1/2 cup Vegetable Juice and 1/4 cup Sliced Grapes.
- 1 small container of Fruit Yogurt. Serve with two Turkey Sausage Links, 1/2 cup Orange Juice and 1 Toasted Bagel topped with 1 teaspoon Margarine.
- One cup Fruit Smoothie, served with 1/4 cup dry Cheerios on the side to add crunch and texture.
- 2 Scrambled Eggs, 1 slice Whole Wheat toast, topped with 1 teaspoon Margarine, serve with 1/2 sliced banana, and 1/2 cup 100 percent Cranberry Juice.
- Combine 1/2 cup toasted Wheat Germ with 1/4 cup peanut butter. Spread mixture on apple slices or 1 sliced banana (sliced length-wise). Serve with 1/2 cup milk.
- 2 Pancakes topped with 1 teaspoon Margarine, and 1/2 cup of diced Granny Smith Apple. Sprinkle with Cinnamon. Serve with 2 Turkey Sausage Links and 1/2 cup 100 percent Fruit Juice.
- 1/2 grapefruit sprinkled with a small amount of sugar. Serve with Whole Wheat Toast topped with 2 teaspoons almond butter, and 1/2 cup juice or milk.
- 1 slice Banana Bread, 1 orange, 2 Turkey Sausage Links and 1/2 cup milk.