Leading up to the recent Anthony Bourdain show titled “Parts Unknown Jamaica “, CNN published a detailed list of 8 thing you may not know about Jamaica. Does anything on the list surprise you?
- James Bond’s birthplace
- Jamaica is the roots of the banana trade and Caribbean tourism
- Jamaica has delicious coffee
- Rastafarians make up less than 2% of the Jamaican population
- Jamaica was a refuge for exiled Jews and is religiously diversity
- Marijuana is illegal in Jamaica
- Jamaica is more than sun and sand
- Jamaican food is reason enough to visit the island
For a detailed explanation on this list visit CNN.