Did you know there are over 1,000 Jamaicans dealing in antiques and collectibles?
Here’re interesting facts you should know:
- ‘Collectibles’ according to Henriques, refer to any item one acquires for personal collection such as stamps, dolls, old (out of print, production) books, china and even art. “Jamaicans collect a wide variety of big and small items such as from furniture to clothes, jewelry and silver, china, crystal stamps, coins, dolls, matchboxes, postcards and photographs.
- Collectibles are different from antiques tells Jamaicans.com writer Anthea McGibbon.
- There is an annual Antiques and Collectibles Fair held each year in Kingston, Jamaica.
- The annual Antiques and Collectibles Fair was conceptualised in 1990 by the Antiques Fair group (Ainsley Henriques, Lorna Chung, Steve Solomon)
- This year 2016, will be the 25th year of the fair. It will be staged at Campion College (Lindo Auditorium), 105 Old Hope Road, Kingston from Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 10:00am – 6:00pm TO Sunday, November 13th, from 10:00am to 6:00pm.