The Institute of Caribbean Studies is proud to present…
50 fi wi 50:
Online Innovation Festival
The Institute of Caribbean Studies invites you to join us as we celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Jamaica’s Independence! Tell us what you have been doing to foster the development of Jamaica. We want to know what future you, as Jamaicans, see for the country and what innovative ideas you are using to achieve your vision.
The “50 fi wi 50: Online Innovation Festival” is a part of the Jamaica 50 celebrations, and aims to provide an online platform for inspirational Jamaicans to share what they have been doing to strengthen our nation. The Institute is giving 50 individuals or organizations the opportunity to spread their message of hope and prosperity, while connecting with other organizations and businesses and inspiring others to become a part of the country’s progress for the next 50 years.
Criteria for Submittal:
Non-profit organizations or entrepreneurial ventures including, but not limited to: health and wellness, education, youth development, women’s rights, child advocacy, private sector economic development, enrichment of impoverished communities and global promotion of Jamaica’s interests.
Individuals or organizations must be actively engaged in projects with a demonstrable level of success.
Method of Submittal:
- Complete the OIF Information Form.
- Submit a 2 to 3 minute video detailing your work. All videos should adhere to the following format:
- Introduce yourself by name and organization
- State the area of business/interest in which you are working
- Briefly describe what inspired you to begin your work and when you started
- What have you achieved since you began?
- Give an example of a headline from the year 2030 that reflects the vision you have for Jamaica. Example: “Jamaica Named Top 5 in World’s Best Healthcare list”
- In the spirit of community building please close your video with the sentence: “I am [insert name] and together we can create a better 50”
- 1. Submittals should be sent to: [email protected] with the subject line “OIF Application – [Name of Organization]”
Deadline for submittal: July 6, 2012.
For further information, contact Shanza Lewis or Danielle Robinson at [email protected]