The current White house stays on the cutting edge of communication especially to the smart phone crowd.
The White House just released a new applicationfor the iPhone and iPod touch (work with any internet-enabled mobile device, including BlackBerry and Android is in the works).
This White House application is packed with:
- News releases from the press room,
- Photos of what the President is up to, and
- Archived videos of presidential events
- Live video streaming that lets users watch press briefings, Presidential addresses, and other media events in real-time.
So what in heaven’s thinking would lead to this idea?
Well, here is a couple for your consideration.
- The perceived transparency of the government would go up.
- The buzz would be favorable and raise our perception of the leading edge Island.
- In an increasingly Apps-based world, our youngsters will be inspired to use their IT skills in a forward looking way rather than the commodity programming they may be involved in.
- Imagine the wealth that could be produced from an ingenious application.
” Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”