I am reading this article on Marriage and there seem to be more wrong than right reasons to get married. Personally I think some of the reason in the wrong column could go in the right column. What do you think?
Right and Wrong Reasons to Get Married
By Sheri & Bob Stritof, About.com Guide
Wrong Reasons to Get Married
- Want to be free from parents.
- To have sex.
- To ease loneliness.
- To be happy.
- To be an adult.
- Because of a pregnancy.
- He or she loves you.
- To save or help someone.
- Because you want a baby.
- For money.
- Because all your friends are married.
- You’ve always wanted a fancy wedding.
- Out of fear that no one else will want to marry you.
- For immigration purposes.
Right Reasons to Get Married
- You are in love with one another.
- A desire to share your life with another.
- To have a lifetime companion.
- Realistic expectations.
- Willingness to help one another fulfill their own needs and dreams.